Hi, I'm Taylor May.

Hi, I'm Taylor May.
"Give me a chance to prove I am the one who can walk that mile until the end starts."

Monday, September 3, 2012

Seeing Love and Light.

"My hope for the days when I feel like I've lost everything."
          --Mayday Parade, The Last Something that Ever Meant Anything.

Flashback to a few months ago, maybe around December. It was a chilly Wisconsin night, and I was closing at Quality Foods IGA. It was a pretty slow night. An elderly man came into my line, and after we checked out his whole order, he was about two dollars short.
"Oh, let's take something off then, I don't have the cash," he said.
I looked at him and said, "No, wait, I'll be right back."
I went to my purse and took two dollars out of my wallet and gave it to him. He thanked me a hundreed times probaby, and I told him not to worry about it because it was two dollars, and he went about his merry life or whatever.

Flash forward to this weekend, Saturday when I worked a seven and a half hour shift. After my first thirty minute break, it was kinda slow, so I asked to do whatever else they needed. Felicia, the wonderful girl at the service center (who is one of the most amazing people I know, for the record,) told me to clean the wood around the front end of the store with some orange smelling cleaning stuff. That detail isn't really needed, but maybe the fact it smelled like oranges helps with the imagery?

What? Anyway. So I'm cleaning around the service center, and I made a comment to an older gentleman standing next to me about the Turkey Stamps promotion we're starting this week, and he responded nonchalantly. Then I looked at him and he asked me my name. I told him who I was and he smiled.
"I don't know if you remember me, but a few months back you gave me two dollars..."
"Oh! I do remember you, sir."
He took out some money from his pocket and gave me two dollars.
"I really appriciate you helping me out. Thanks again. You take care."
I told him to keep it, and he wouldn't take it back. He just smiled and left the store.

I love my job mostly for this reason. There is love and light in all people, and I can see it every day working at a gorcery store. I'm probably the dorkiest person there but it isn't for no reason. :)

Well that's about all I've got at the moment, just thought I'd share. Thanks for reading. <3
School starts tomorrow! Be expecting another blog tomorrow when I get home. :)

Awkwardly signing off,
Taylor May.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Maylor_Tay
Instagram: tay_may

Love love.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this story Taylor. Only in Wisconsin. :)

    ReplyDelete