Hi, I'm Taylor May.

Hi, I'm Taylor May.
"Give me a chance to prove I am the one who can walk that mile until the end starts."

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Poem post #2.


Enjoy. :)
 

---
My Way

I was the kid to always try
to shove the square peg into the round hole.
Forcing plastic on plastic, where it just wouldn’t fit.

And I knew full well that square
went with square
and that the stupid toy wouldn’t fit.
But still I threw a tantrum,
and likewise, the toy,
after I tried it “my way” for a while.

I made every effort to do it the wrong way,
working around what I knew had to be done.
Getting upset when I found the right way
was truly the only way.
the obvious way
was the way that worked.

Wouldn’t it have been easier
to just put circle with circle,
and square with square?
A teacher told me once, “to avoid frustration is to avoid learning.”

Another told me
“Insanity is when you do the same thing
over and over again
and expect a different result.”

---

No comments:

Post a Comment