Hi, I'm Taylor May.

Hi, I'm Taylor May.
"Give me a chance to prove I am the one who can walk that mile until the end starts."

Saturday, November 3, 2012

One Month Later.

Hello again.

I assure you, I didn't die. I just let this stupid school thing get to me, along with everything else.

October was not a very good month for me. I was mean, negative, I felt sick, I didn't care about anything, my grades fell from mediocre to worse, and the worst part about it was I didn't really seem to give a sh*t.

But then I had a wake up call. A boy, my boyfriend's cousin, actually, asked me to edit his essay. To put it tactfully, there was a lot of work that could be done. It took me all of five minutes to realize this, and that I had to tell him this in a tactful way as well.
I remebered that not everyone loves writing as much as I do. I remembered that English is hard. I remembered that writing is hard.
And then, after I took notes and made edits on my copy of the essay, it wasn't long before I got to actually talk to the boy who wrote it. But, instead of right away telling him everything he did wrong, I asked him about the assignment, and what he was trying to say. He told me everything better than he portrayed it in the essay, but I tried to steer him in the right way, and help him to make better sense of his ideas.
I did that and I felt so good about it. I helped someone else with English. I felt this new type of happy, one I never got from singing or performing in general. It was a warm feeling, starting right in my core and spreading, and I smiled.
I need to care. I need to try. I need to teach.

So, my goal this November is to restart my motivation, be positive for everyone around me, and do what I can. Oh, and keep up on my blog a little better. ;)

All of my love. <3

Taylor May.

twitter: Maylor_Tay
instagram: tay_may

1 comment:

  1. I love you Miss Taylor May :) You are an inspiration, even on your "down" months....xoxoxo
    love, "#gotyoustuckonmybody" ;)

    ReplyDelete