Hi, I'm Taylor May.

Hi, I'm Taylor May.
"Give me a chance to prove I am the one who can walk that mile until the end starts."

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ten Minutes.

This morning, when I was half arguing with my mother about nearly being late for school, she said something that surprised and offended me.

"I can't believe it takes you ten minutes to get ready for high school."

I don't really understand the problem with my quick preparation time. It's true that, without a shower (don't worry, I showered last night guys) it takes approximately ten minutes for me to get ready and out the door in the morning. I put on clothes, I brush my hair, brush my teeth, and I'm done. I don't see who it really affects besides me.

I'm more surprised, in fact, when people say that they take over ten minutes to get ready in the morning. No offense to those of you that do, because you all look very pretty/handsome, but I think that is just as weird of a claim to make as "I can't believe it takes you ten minutes to get ready for high school." I could just as easily say "I can't believe it takes you over ten minutes to get ready for high school."

The other part of that statement that caught me off guard was "for high school." It wouldn't matter if it was high school or junior high, I've never taken that long to get ready for anything, let alone school. But, I'll admit, as the year has gone on, I have lost interest in things like makeup and clothes. That's an expensive hobby to keep! And I would think that mother would be proud of me to not spend money on trivial (at least to me, again, if that's what you like to do then that's awesome!) things. So, I guess if I had unlimited money, or really any extra money at all, I would take over ten minutes to get ready in the morning.

But either way, I was ready this morning when I usually leave for school. And I feel that's all that matters in the grand scheme of things.

1 comment:

  1. Same here Taylor, it doesn't take that long to get ready in the morning! Why would it?

    ReplyDelete