Hi, I'm Taylor May.

Hi, I'm Taylor May.
"Give me a chance to prove I am the one who can walk that mile until the end starts."

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Most Embarrassing Moment of My Life

On occasion I've been asked, "what's your most embarrassing moment?"

I've never really been able to think of anything, because I am a very weird individual and very confident in this fact. However, that changed this week.

I have this English teacher who is my absolute favorite, who has helped me decide what I'm going to do with my life and realize that words have meaning and power. We have become very close over the past three years of my high school career, because I make him edit my poems all the time, and I am very comfortable with him. In a computer lab at our school (where I spend a lot of my free time), we have two additional laptops instead of two extra computers, because with the addition people in classes on average, we need more computers than our school had budgeted for. *That's an entirely different blog/rant.* But anyway, one of these (surprise surprise) is not fully functioning, and needs to have a mouse attachment, since the touch pad mouse is broken.


My teacher always connects the mouse to the wrong lap top, the non-broken one. Because of this, I came into the lab and saw a post it saying "Mouse is broken" on the lap top. I got all huffy and took the note off of the computer, and marched (basically, and those of you who know me will know that it really could be nothing less) to my teacher's room to tell him that he was incorrect.

"You always put the mouse on the wrong computer!" I exclaimed, without any sort of greeting before.
"It's the black one, right?" he responded.
"No, babe, no it's the silver one..."

I realized what I said, but it was too late. I stammered something else to try and cover my term-of-endearment-slip-up, but it was probably not heard by him over his laughter. He said something else to me, but I was trying my best to stammer other things and just get outta dodge. Honestly, I don't think I could have been more shades, or a darker, color red.

I went back to the lab, and relayed the story to my best friend in the whole wide world, who laughed at me (as I knew she would.) To try and fix things, and be ironic, by writing a small haiku. I titled it, "When a Habit Becomes an Awkward Instance."


That awkward moment
when one calls their teacher "babe"
really
is awkward.

I put it on his desk, and pretty much ran away before he could get back with a note on it saying "can you edit this for me? :) "

Later in the day, when I actually had his class, he assured me that everything was fine with a note in a folder from UW-Stevens Point.

I still was, and sort of am, horrified. He must think I'm in love with him. I'm not. I call everyone hon or sweetie or babe or dear, and most of the time, mean nothing by it.

So that's the most embarrassing moment of my life. Thank you for reading the entire thing. and please don't judge me too much.

All in all, this week was better than the last.

Love you,
Taylor May.
 
Maylor_Tay on twitter
tay_may on instagram




No comments:

Post a Comment